Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Christopher - AM - 2 Hours - Great Progress

For most of class, I was at the skillsUSA meeting. But during the time I did work on it, I have made great progress. Of all the errors mentioned previously, they have been resolved.

Resolved issues:

-Rear right wheel is now capable of moving backwards. Furthermore, I connected all three gears of the wheels on each side together. Upon doing this, I noticed that it significantly moved and roared faster and more smoothly. 

I considered adding two smooth wheels instead of one Omni wheel and one smooth wheel. However, when I did this, I noticed that Dewey moved significantly slower and that the smooth wheels greatly reduced the turning speed.

-Claw arm is now fully operational. Before the claw arm couldn’t move up or down, but now it can. The issue was that the claw arm gears were offset and that the motor wasn’t properly connected. I resolved the issue by reinforcing the existing washers and adding an additional one.

-Zip tie connection is now fixed but I’m considering in moving the battery placement to be more visually appealing.

Potential issues and solutions

-The claw arm opens very slowly and closes very fast. Not much of a concern since it functions, but it could cost precious arms

-Wiring is messy, but that’s a very easy fix.

-I still need to decide on the camera placement as well, but would most likely stay in the front left corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dewey - Tell Me About Your VEX- Pinned Post

VEX Robot's Resource  Page If you are in my Mechatronics Engineering class and are working on a Vex Robot, please request access to pos...